Juventus chief responded to links over Man United 25-year-old midfielder

Juventus’ director of football has spoken out on reports linking the club with a move for Paul Pogba.

The midfielder started his professional career at Manchester United but left for Juventus in 2012. Two years ago he returned to Old Trafford for a then-world record transfer fee of £89 million.

But the  World Cup-winner is already being linked with another move and is understood to be pushing to leave the club ahead of the January transfer window.

France international’s relationship with Mourinho reached its nadir earlier this week when the 25-year-old was told he would no longer operate as the club’s vice-captain.

Despite stripping Paul Pogba of the vice-captaincy, Jose Mourinho denied he had fallen out with the player before the duo were filmed exchanging words in training on Wednesday.

Juventus sporting director Fabio Paratici was asked about the speculation linking the former star with Juventus and said on Thursday: ‘He is a Manchester United player. As long as he remains a Manchester United player, it’s best that I don’t talk about players at other clubs.’

The pair are understood to have exchanged words at Manchester United’s training ground after the manager became concerned by an Instagram post that the Frenchman sent after the Carabao Cup defeat to Derby County.